Sunday, May 2, 2010

CSMA / CD

____________________________________________ 

With each host connected to its own switch port, we no longer have to worry about collisions when hosts send data simultaneously. In the old days of networking, though, that wasn't the case. While you may not see the following physical topology very often in your career, if at all, I'm presenting it here so you know how hosts on a shared Ethernet segment practice CSMA/CD - Carrier Sense Multiple Access with Collision Detection.



___________________________________________

2 comments:

  1. It provides comprehensive knowledge of the subject. Everything written in this blog is close to satisfactory level. I am sure no one can raise any issue about all the information delivered here.ProDesk 400 G4 SFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always replied to this blog post and its been a long time since I came into knowledge of this blog. One of my friend’s suggestion worked for me and I am still regular to read every post of this blog.HPE StoreVirtual VSA

    ReplyDelete